One of the unfortunate truths about having an animal is the realization that they have much shorter life spans than we do, and as so age more quickly. However, through regular checkups and preventative care, we are often able to recognize serious health issues while they are still in the early stage. Taking action early may be instrumental in making sure that your pets continue feeling their best! Our caring and professional veterinarians at Ford Veterinary Associates can help with your pet care needs.
The goal here is to prevent illness whenever possible. There are great rewards in making sure that your pet has a thorough yearly physical and is kept up to date on immunizations.
- Vaccines can prevent diseases that can be potentially fatal or at least, very expensive to treat.
- Spaying and neutering your pets
- Routine dentistry
- Control of fleas and ticks
- Heartworm prevention will all help result in a longer and healthier life for your treasured pet.
DIAGNOSTICS AND TREATMENT
If your pet should get sick, our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic services such as
- X-rays & Ultrasound
- In-house lab when immediate blood work results are needed and access to several outstanding outside labs for quick results and consultations with specialists.
- Chronic Disease Management
We offer a full range of surgical solutions, from routine surgeries to more advanced surgeries such as orthopedic fixations like
- Pinning and plating of fractures
- Exploratory surgery
- Cruciate ligament repair
Anesthesia is always a concern for pet owners, as it many times holds the biggest risk for even routine procedures. A fully trained and licensed Veterinary Technician using modern monitoring equipment constantly monitors all of our surgical patients.
Dr. Charlotte Tutu has been certified with the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association for animal chiropractic services since 2001. She also completed a course in veterinary acupuncture at the Chi Institute in 2005. In many instances, she has had success using these alternative methods for pain control.